Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decorating the tree and Christmas card pictures!









So, as most of you know, or now will know, Christmas is my favorite time of year! I love decorating for it and putting the Christmas tree up! I begged Noemi for DAYS to get a Christmas tree (used to always get it right after Thanksgiving), so she finally caved and we got it. And it is HUGE! The girls had so much fun "helping" decorate. They didn't really help, more like pull them off as I was putting them on! Then, just like I have been doing the past couple of years, I took our Christmas card picture in front of the tree. Let me tell you, having two toddlers makes it so HARD to get a decent shot of them at the same time! I think I took a good 10 pictures of them before I got one of them both looking at me and smiling with eyes open and no fingers up their noses! Ugh, children!!!! I also got a few good ones of me and the girls. It was a bittersweet moment, because in the back of my mind, I knew that there was a person missing in the picture. But, I am trying to make the best of it as I can. Now, the house smells like wonderful pine and the decorations are coming along! Just need presents under the tree and it is a wrap! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Ha I said the same thing when I was taking the kids photos. It was horrible....Cayla was just smiling the whole time and then Caelan wanted to crawl everywhere and of corse Kesley was just not smiling when I would need her too. I was so frustrated and said that I now know why people pay for this. But in the end after I finally got a few good shots and then them up yesterday and order them the price was worth the time because it was so cheap!!! I can't wait for you to see them and yours look really good!

    ReplyDelete